Scheduled drinking water shutdown scheduled for 1/18 in Cape Coral
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Beginning Tuesday, January 18, temporary lane closures will take place at the intersection of Nicholas Parkway West and Santa Barbara Boulevard due to construction. A posted detour will be in place, and motorists are encouraged to consider alternate routes. Expected duration of construction is two weeks.
SCHEDULED DRINKING WATER SHUTDOWN NOTICE:
• Please be advised, water will be off at 1020 Santa Barbara Boulevard on Tuesday, January 18 at 9:00 a.m. for approximately 4 to 8 hours or until completion.
• The shutdown will affect approximately 956 customers.
• During the days prior to January 18 residents and businesses in the affected area may experience fluctuations in water pressure and possible discoloration.
• Customers in the affected area are receiving notification via phone and email.
• Approximately 20 businesses are in the area and are being notified in-person.
The purpose of the City of Cape Coral’s Nicholas Parkway West Access Management and Watermain Improvements project is to improve safety and traffic flow in the corridor and make necessary watermain infrastructure improvements. The project will include the replacement of the existing watermain, drainage upgrades and swale work, access management changes, improved pavement markings, pavement reconstruction, and resurfacing.
This schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and unforeseen conditions.
For more information regarding the water shutdown, call 239-574-0851 or visit our website at:
For additional information on this project, please visit the